Saturday, March 8, 2014

Oscars anyone?

I know I'm supposed to write about something funny that happened but I can't think of anything particular right now so I'll write about my favorite movies from the last year :)

Has anybody watched The Academy Awards last Sunday? I did and I was very excited to see it because I managed to see all movies nominated in main categories. So my absolutely favorite was 'Dallas buyers club' - it's a little sad, but also heart-warming, movie with the amazing actors - both Matthew McConaughey for the leading role and Jared Leto for the supporting role got Oscars.

Another great movie I can recommend to watch is 'Blue Jasmine' written and directed by Woody Allen (my idol forever!), Cate Blanchett who plays main character also got an Oscar - well, no-one else deserved it more than her, if you ask me!

If you like animations you should definitely see 'Despicable Me 2' which was nominated but unfortunately did not get an Oscar.

The last two very interesting movies are 'Nebraska' and 'August: Osage County' - both about family, love and disappointment, and both happen in Midwest.

Hopefully I encouraged you a little to watch some new movies! :)

1 comment: